The Transmission conciliation report allows you to track the routing of documents by fax as well as by secure email to patients from your institution. Logs of each sending are kept and can be viewed in order to identify transmission failures and take action.
Access the Transmission conciliation report
A transmission conciliation report has been made available to you to keep track of all the transmission made from the electronic medical record (EMR), either by fax or secure email.
- Click on Transmission report in the left menu to open the report in a new tab.
- In the dialogue window that shows, select the report parameters to generate it:
- "À partir de" and "Jusqu'au" limit the time interval from which to retrieve the transmissions;
- "Type d'envoi" allows to filter the transmission by their type (i.e. fax, email or all);
- "Envois de la clinique ou de l'utilisateur" allows the report to consider all the transmissions from your clinic of only the transmission created by the user who is running the report;
- "Erreurs uniquement ou tous les envois" limits the content of the report to only the transmission that could not be completed.
- Click on Appliquer to start the execution of the report. OK closes the dialog window if you no longer need to change the settings.
Understand the content of the Transmission conciliation report
For each transmission, the following information is available:
- Date de création: Displays the date and time the transmission was created or status updated for secure email sendings.
- Statut de l'envoi: Transmission status. See the table below for possible transmission statuses and errors.
- Type d'envoi: The type of transmission, either fax or email.
- Note sur l'envoi: Indicates the error code and description, if any.
- Délai de l'envoi: Displays the number of minutes between the time the transmission was created and its reception.
- Nom du patient, Numéro de dossier and Numéro d'assurance maladie (NAM): These fields document the contact details of the patient to whom the document was sent. It is possible to open directly the record of a patient by clicking on his name.
- Nature du document: Indicates whether the transmission concerns a prescription, clinical note or clinical tool.
- Nom de l'utilisateur qui a initié l'envoi : The name of the Omnimed user who has created the transmission.
- Destination: For transmission by fax, the destination will include the name of the recipient and the fax number. In the case of secure email, it will report the email address used.
- Nombre d'essais: For fax transmissions, the system will make four attempts before aborting the transmission and reporting the final error.
The report regroups the sequence of transmission by fax and the status changes for transmission by secure email as seen in the screen captures below:
|COMPLETED||The transmission was completed and the recipient did return an acknowledgment.||The recipient did open the email message.|
|COMPLETED_AFTER_RESEND||The transmission was completed and the recipient did return an acknowledgment although it required more than a single attempt to complete.||N/A|
The transmission failed. If it was not the fourth and last attempt, the system should perform a new attempt within 20 minutes.
See the list of possible errors below.
The transmission failed.
See the list of possible errors below.
|IN_ERROR_AFTER_RESEND||The transmission failed after the fourth attempt.||N/A|
|IN_PROGRESS||Transmission in progress.||The recipient has not opened the email yet.|
|NEW||Temporary state.||Temporary state.|
|RESENT||The transmission "IN_ERROR" has been "RESENT" automatically by the system. This state can be assessed until the transmission sequence ends with either "COMPLETED_AFTER_RESEND" or "IN_ERROR_AFTER_RESEND".||N/A|
Nature of fax transmission errors
|Invalid Number||Invalid Number|
|No Answer*||No Answer|
|No remote fax device*||The call was not answered by a fax|
|Poor line or carrier call quality interrupt the transmission||Insufficient connection quality|
|Remote fax aborted*||Transmission canceled by the recipient|
|Transmission Error||Undefined error|
|Transmission Failed||Undefined error|
|Unallocated Number||The number is not in service|
*If the number is a valid fax number, the chances of a successful transmission within the four attempts are good.
State of a secure email transmission
|State / Error||Meaning||Action|
|Processed||The message has been received and is ready to be delivered.||N/A|
|Dropped||You may see the following drop reasons: Invalid SMTPAPI header, Spam Content (if Spam Checker app is enabled), Unsubscribed Address, Bounced Address, Spam Reporting Address, Invalid, Recipient List over Package Quota. The message was abandoned due to anti-spam measures or invalid mailing lists.||Confirm the email address with the recipient and resend the document.|
|Delivered||The message has been successfully delivered to the receiving server.||No action required at first. If the email remains in the "Delivered" state, ask the recipient to validate the content of his spam folder.|
|Deferred||The receiving server temporarily rejected the message.||N/A|
|Bounce||The message was returned to the sender because the email address does not exist.||Confirm the email address with the recipient and resend the document.|
|Blocked||The message was refused by the recipient.||Confirm that the recipient has not blocked "omnimed.com" addresses.|
|Open||The recipient has opened the HTML message.||N/A|
|Click||The recipient clicked on a link within the message.||N/A|
|Spam Report||The recipient marked the message as spam.||Ask the recipient to not report communication from "omnimed.com" as spam.|
Actions to take in relation to a failed transmission
Failure of a fax transmission
Below are the items to validate following a transmission by fax that has failed after four attempts:
- Validate that the number was the intended number without typos;
- Validate that a number is indeed a fax number with a fax machine at the other end. A test with a "good old fax machine" is not out of the question.
- Validate that there are no known issues on the recipient side (e.g. "The fax machine at the pharmacy is always busy from 10 AM to 1 PM" or "The line quality in this region is rather poor and fax only goes through every other time"). To do this, consult the Sommaire des envois de fax par destination section at the bottom of the report. This section identifies all fax recipients for the selected period and indicates the number of completed, completed after return and failed faxes.
Subsequently, from the patient's file or from the SRFax interface via the Fax management module in the left menu in Omnimed, you will have to send the document again.
Failure of a secure email transmission
Below are the items to validate following a secure email transmission that did not make it to the recipient's inbox:
- Validate the email address. An invalid email address will have the "Bounce" status in the report.
- Validate that the email did not end up in the spam folder of the recipient's inbox. The status in the report could be "Delivered", "Blocked" or "Dropped".
- Validate that the recipient did not identify email from "omnimed.com" as "spam". The status in the report could be "Blocked" or "Dropped".
- Validate that the recipient knows the PIN required to access the document or that he/she knows how to retrieve a new PIN by SMS. The status would remain at "Delivered" in this case.
After the validation, the document will have to be sent anew from the patient's file.