One of the biggest advantages of the electronic medical record (EMR) lies in the receipt of electronic results (reusable/smart data). Even if many laboratories, radiology, imaging, and collection centers transmit results directly in our system, which allows you to review the results in our EMR and organize the information automatically in the patient record, others still send the results through mail and fax.
To benefit from the advantages offered by granular data, you can manually add the values of the results you've not received electronically in the patient record.
- In the patient record, click on the small + button located beside the Results section's title
- Select the result type by starting to type it in the Choose a result… space. As soon as you type at least 3 letters, matching results will be displayed in a drop-down menu.
- Fill out the other fields. All of them are mandatory.
- Click on Add result.
⚠️ Please note that the result will not be appearing in the summary automatically. You have to add it yourself if you want it to be shown there.
Benefits of having granular data results
- Integration and automatic display of the last result received in some clinical tools (for example, the cholesterol for Framingham Score Risk, or the creatinine for the creatinine clearance estimate tool, etc.).
- Give a quick overview (without having to click) of the results in the patient record summary (fostering collaboration).
- Use of the graph and grid views to view the result's progress over time.
- Reduce the use of paper and other fees related to the post office, as well as the risk linked to the handling of these papers.
- Create reports about the users and other reports.