Fax transmission is logged at the bottom of the clinical note. The SRFax review module allows reviewing the status of every fax sent.
Confirm fax delivery from the clinical note
Each fax sent from the patient record creates a log at the bottom of the clinical note in the Clinical note content section entitled "Document transmission (by fax)".
The fax log provides the following information:
- Current status: Documents the delivery status, e.g. "in progress", "completed", "pending" or "failed". The status is updated in real-time from the clinical note.
- Type of document: Documents the type of document sent, e.g. "clinical note", "clinical tool", "prescription", "SAFIR request".
- Receiver: Name and fax number of the receiver.
Managing failed faxes via tasks
Automatic forwarding of failed faxes
A "Failed" status means that all six attempts to send the fax have failed on four retries. The log at the bottom of the note, therefore, shows the actual status of the first sending including the six attempts.
Task generated when automatic fax forwarding fails
When fax remains "Failed" after four retries, a task is automatically created in the patient's record and assigned to the user who initiated the transmission. It should be noted that the task of resending the fax is assigned to the latter rather than to the administrative staff since he is the only one who can use his electronic/scanned signature.
Confirm fax delivery from the SRFax module
It is also possible to confirm that faxes are sent to their recipient with the SRFax module. Reviewing faxes sent via the SRFax module is optional if healthcare workers review their failed fax tasks via the Tasks review.
⚠️ One person per institution should have access to this external module. Please refer to your manager for the identity of this person or to notify us if necessary. Access must be requested via this form.
- in the left navigation menu:
⚠️ If you do not see this module, it means that you do not have the rights to the Administrator account in Omnimed. Please go directly to the SRFax login page. We suggest that you create a shortcut for yourself so that the next connections are quick.
- Login to SRFax with the username and password you have been given (one person per institution - see your manager if necessary)
- From the left menu, click FAXES and then FAXES SENT.
- Refer to the Status column to view the status of sent faxes. The Sent status indicates that the document has been sent successfully and the Failed status indicates a failed transmission. Note that the fax is unsuccessfully sent after 6 sending attempts.
ℹ️ Reasons for a failed fax:
- Line busy repeatedly
- Wrong fax number
- Lack of a working fax machine at the other end of the line
- Repeated transmission interruption
- The Options column shows the actions available on each document :
- Click on the eye icon to view the document.
- Click the question mark icon to view the transmission details.
- Click the third icon to refax the document.
- When a document is refaxed, the line on which the Failed status will be displayed remains. A new line with the Sent status will be displayed. It is possible to delete the failed shipment later.
- Click the arrow icon to fax the document to another recipient.
⚠️ The retransmission of PDF documents via the SRFax module does not leave any logging in the EMR as is the case with transmissions made directly to the EMR.