⚠️ Please note that we are not a Quebec Health Record (Dossier santé Québec). If you do not have a QHR key or if you have questions concerning QHR Production, outside of Omnimed, you must contact their customer service directly.
To have the most complete patient record which allows you to take better decisions, it is important to centralize all information you have access to in it. We've then made it possible to import medications that are not present in the EMR from the Québec Health Record (QHR).
- First, access the QHR medication viewer.
- View the list of medications and find the ones that you want to import.
- Click on the icon, represented below, to import the medication into the EMR.
The way the icon is located allows you to import many medications really quickly.
- A message confirming that the import is complete will be displayed. It is important not to quit the QHR viewer while the import is processing and that the confirmation message has not been displayed. If the medication has already been imported, a message will tell you so.
⚠️ Important information
- Omnimed's QHR visualizer displays the pharmacy's dispensed medication.
- The Production QHR platform displays prescribed medication.
- You could therefore see differences between both information if the pharmacy modified the dispensing information.
- If a pharmacist never enters a prescription in its system, you won't see it in the QHR. Prescriptions sent to the QHR by doctors are not visible to doctors because they are sent to the "to recuperate" environment (SGOÉM) only accessible by pharmacies. For more information, you can consult the document: Étapes du circuit d'une ordonnance (in French only).
- We didn't think that medications that are expired or were ceased would be imported. Therefore, when one of these medications is imported in Omnimed, they appear as active. We suggest you add the medication manually in Omnimed without prescribing it instead of importing it.