It is possible to create and assign tasks, either patient-related or administrative, whether in an electronic results management context, in a process of reviewing clinical notes, or for any type of action to be undertaken. These tasks can be managed from the patient record or from the Tasks module.
Add a task related to a patient
The Tasks summary box, located to the right of the patient's record, allows you to add tasks and assign them.
From the patient record:
- Click on the + in the Tasks summary box to display the Add a task window.
- Enter the task title manually or select a quick task from your favorites or from the dropdown list.
- Indicate the due date. The current date is displayed by default. It is also possible to omit the due date.
- Add a description if needed.
- The task is associated by default to the connection institution. You can change this institution to send a task to a user from another institution if it is previously configured to your account.
- Assign the task to a person or task queue. Start writing the name of the person or queue and select the name from the menu.
- The priority of the task is Normal by default. Click Urgent to increase the priority.
- Click the Add task button.
ℹ️ It is also possible to add a task to the patient record from the following locations:
Add an administrative task
For tasks of an administrative nature that are not related to a patient, it is possible to create tasks that will not be related to a patient record.
From the Tasks module:
- Click on the checkbox icon to add an administrative task. Make sure you are working under your name to be able to add an administrative task.
- The window for adding an administrative task is similar to the one for tasks associated with a patient record. Follow steps 2 to 8 of the previous section.