The Medications summary box can be customized according to your preferences to facilitate and speed up your work.
Access the Preferences section
- Click on the three vertical points at the top right.
- Click on Preferences.
- Target dose display: Enabled by default, the target dose considers the form and dosage of the medication in the first place. The quantity is not displayed and is at the discretion of the pharmacist. If the target dose is disabled, the prescription requires a combination of form, strength, and quantity.
- Prescription orders sent to QHR : Enabling this option allows prescriptions written in the Medications summary box to be sent to the QHR. It is enabled by default.
- Weight modification into the dose calculator: When this option is enabled, it is possible to manually enter the weight into the pediatric dose calculator. The weight entered into the calculator is not saved in the Vital signs summary box and only the most recent weight entered in the Vital signs summary box is displayed on the prescription order. Enabling this feature may result in a discrepancy between the weight displayed on the prescription and the weight used to calculate the pediatric dose. This option is not enabled from the outset, and the weight entered in the Vital signs summary box is used.
- Default renewal: This option allows you to configure the number of renewals or the treatment duration by default. It is then possible to manually modify the number of renewals for each medication as needed.
- Printing format: select the format associated with your printer (8 1/2" x 11 or 4" x 7").
- Drugstore: When this option is enabled, the Drugstore checkbox is automatically checked in the print options of the Order tab. This option adds the name and contact information of the patient's drugstore to the order (note that when an order is faxed, the fax recipient is automatically displayed even if this box is unchecked). This option is disabled by default.
- Patient's body measurements: When this option is enabled, the Patient's measurements checkbox is automatically checked in the print options of the Order tab. The order then displays the patient's weight, height, and body surface area. This preference may vary for children and adults. The option is by default enabled for children and disabled for adults.
- Reason for stopping: When a medication is stopped, the stopping reason is displayed on the prescription order to inform the pharmacist.
- Electronic signature: When this option is enabled, the Electronic signature checkbox is automatically checked in the print options of the Order tab to add the electronic signature to the printed or faxed order, as well as the scanned signature if one is configured. This option is enabled by default.